Living Our Mission
Responding to Jesus’s call in Matthew 25 to feed, clothe and care for those in need, our Community Outreach Ministry assists those who serve the most vulnerable in our community, our nation and the world. We do this through an annual grant-making program, by identifying ways parishioners can provide hands-on service and encouraging participation. Our outreach partners include:
In our community and the U.S.
- Beaches Dial-a-Ride
- Beaches Habitat for Humanity
- Cathedral Arts Project
- Episcopal Children’s Services
- Feeding NE Florida
- Florida Chamber Music Project
- Foster Closet
- Hart Felt Ministries
- Mission House
- Pie in the Sky
- Rhoda Martin Early Learning Center
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
- Sulzbacher Beaches Clinic
The Community Outreach Committee oversees our grant program. In addition to small grants (typically $10,000 or less) for such work, we provide funds to organizations with local, national or international Episcopal affiliation, especially those founded by Christ Church or impacted by significant parishioner participation. Recipients are selected in an annual process, with guidance from the clergy.
Our 2023 grant cycle is closed, and we will begin awarding grants in February. The application process for 2024 will begin mid-September.
Outside the U.S.
- Amazing Grace Orphanage in Africa
- Amistad Mission in Bolivia
- Church of the Good Shepherd Mission in Cuba
- Episcopal Relief and Development